sucks a big toe

>> 12.6.11

sooo, i went to a ‘perspectives in poetry’ night, put on by a great woman and newbie poet/spoken word dabbler, and it was great. the ladies there were amazing and full of love and sincerety. i was only expecting to share a poem because she asked me to, but instead i ended up sharing a very painful experience from my childhood that still affects me to this day.

through that God really knocked it home to me that our pain is someone else’s healing, as someone approached me later in the evening to share her story of abuse.
our pain is never our own. someone needs to hear that you survived, so that they too can survive. stories need to be told.
tell your’s.

0 lip prints:

Post a Comment

said by me...
when someone abuses the privilage of being in your life...take the privilage away.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP